Monday, February 27, 2023

Vintage Beauty Canvas with Cadence

Hello and Welcome!

I love to create using all my Cadence crafting goodies that I have in my crafting stash.  Today I am sharing a vintage style canvas project that I created for a recent Hobbymaker TV Cadence show.  I loved making this canvas with all its textured layers created using some of my favourite Cadence products.  I hope you like it!


Vintage Canvas using Cadence paint and pastes by Mandy-Jane Crafts


What I Did....
  • I used a stencil and white relief paste to create texture across the canvas base and dried it.
  • Next, I added some more texture using Cadence Vintage Legend with a palette knife to small areas of the canvas adding some around the outer edge and dried it
  • Then I took some small pieces of rice papers and glued them to canvas over the texture and dried.
  • Using Cadence Very Chalky Home Décor paint I painted the surface of the canvas blending in the edges of the rice papers. Dried.
  • Taking some of the Antiquing Powder in white and a very small amount of Dark Brown Hybrid paints from Cadence, I mixed them to create a soft light brown which I then blended around the outside edge of the canvas.  
    Once dried I diluted a little of the Dark Brown Hybrid paint with a little water.  I then dribbled this down the canvas edges dabbing away any excess with a baby wipe.  
  • The framed used was a pre-moulded white piece that I aged using a Dark Brown Hybrid wash.  Once dried I added some Antique Gold wax highlights.
  • The picture was taken from a sheet of rice paper, cut to fit frame, glued to white card and varnished with Cadence Aqua Stone Varnish.  When the varnish was dried I bent the card to crack the varnish.
  • The flowers were also from rice papers, glued to white card and cut out to use as embellishments.
  • The finishing touches were some splashes grey and white paint.

What I Used



I hope you like the project.

Thanks for Popping By

MJ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Hat Stand to Head-Turning Beauty: Upcycling a Ceramic Vase

  Hi Everyone Do you have a decorative item that's become more functional than stylish?   This was the case for a ceramic vase in my din...