Tuesday, April 16, 2024

DIY Handbag Makeover: Upcycle with Cadence Paints

Hello Everyone,

Today, I'm excited to share a fun upcycling project with you, which I hope will inspire you to try it out!

Get ready to add a pop of colour to an old handbag with this easy DIY project!

I recently organized my wardrobe into categories: keep, upcycle, donate, and beyond repair. From the latter, I salvaged buttons, buckles, and zippers for future projects. Deciding what to upcycle was challenging, but I opted to revamp an old green handbag with my Cadence leather paints, choosing metallic hues of champagne, gold, and copper - it turned out fabulous!

Transforming an old, neglected item from the bottom of my wardrobe into a unique designer handbag was surprisingly simple, and I'm going to share how I accomplished it.

Let's start designing our handbag makeover!

I chose to use my Cadence Metallic Leather paints, along with various stencil designs, a soft paintbrush, a stencil brush, and a palette knife. 

The initial step was to thoroughly clean my handbag and ensure it was completely dry before beginning.

I used a soft brush to apply the paints randomly over the handbag's surface, gently merging the colours as I progressed. The paints were a pleasure to use, spreading and blending with ease. After achieving the desired effect, I used a hairdryer to dry the paints, preparing for the next step.

Next, I applied stencil designs with black paint – this is the moment to unleash your creativity and transform an old bag into a personalised statement accessory!  

I applied stencilling to both the front and back. I enjoy creating slightly different versions of the design on each side to provide myself with fashion styling choices.  

I mixed a bit of water into the black paint and, with a fan brush, flicked droplets across the surface. Next, I used a palette knife to dab on the paint randomly, adding extra details.

VoilĂ ! Now you have your very own unique designer handbag!

Upcycling a handbag with Cadence paints is a fun, affordable way to create a unique and stylish accessory. With a little creativity and these easy steps, you can transform your old bag into a piece you'll love to carry. So why not give it a try? 

Thanks 

for 

Popping By

#upcycledfashion #upcycledhandbag #DIY #sustainablefashion #sustainability #fashionideas #leatherpaints #mixedmedia #paintedbag #upcycledbag #diybag #cadencepaints #paintedleather #fabricpainting





No comments:

Post a Comment

From Hat Stand to Head-Turning Beauty: Upcycling a Ceramic Vase

  Hi Everyone Do you have a decorative item that's become more functional than stylish?   This was the case for a ceramic vase in my din...